Why do so many women continue to drag themselves out of bed, doll themselves up & dare to brave the traffic to get to their shopping centre only to find crowded stores, limited sizes and bossy salespeople?? Ah hello, the internet was invented for a reason…online shopping, of course.
Don’t do it to yourself!
I’ve taken it upon myself to personally save the human race from the drama and downright disaster that can be the in-store shopping experience. Let’s start by highlighting a few of the more favourable advantages of shopping from the comfort of your very own home – in your warm bed – wrapped up in your sweats – with not a scrap of makeup on – devouring your block of chocolate – with your mug of coffee in hand (or glass/bottle of wine, you say?)…
What’s not to love about Online Shopping?
- 24/7 convenience store (take that 7/11) – Never again will you have to be warned by that faceless voice over the stores PA of its impending closure or be herded like cattle out of the shops as soon as the clock strikes 5. Online shopping is open whenever you are – Early bird? No worries. Insomniac? No worries! Late night out? No worries!! (although I would warn against unauthorised purchases made after excessive alcohol consumption – been there, done that).
- Let’s make petrol & parking a thing of the past! – No need to rush to the shops straight after school drop-off to be afforded a car park somewhere within a 2.7km radius of the shopping centre. And don’t even think about getting those discount fuel coupons out of your wallet. There is no need for either pet peeve when the online shops are patiently awaiting you from the comfort of your own home. So save that petrol money & put it towards those gorgeous shoes you can’t stop thinking about – go on, just buy them!
- No aggravating waiting lines worthy of pushing even the most patient among us to their limit – cut the queue (you know you’ve always wanted to) and head straight to the checkout with the ease and efficiency of online shopping. I’m not even going to mention the time you save by foregoing the dreaded carpark battle (oops, just did).
- Quicker & cheaper shipping is on the rise! – With the ever growing online shopping community on the backs of retailers and suppliers, it’s no wonder that shipping costs are all but becoming redundant for the consumer and shipping times are constantly being challenged and reduced. Next day delivery or Click & Collect, anybody?
- Who said online shopping is anti-social? I’ve managed to make a pretty good friend in my local courier with whom I’m on a first-name basis with. I look forward to his arrival everyday – and no, before you judge, it’s not just for the new goodies he inevitably brings with him – I happen to know a good deal about his cat, Nero.
Payment Protection & Afterpay
With the rise of payment protection software such as Paypal and even the advancement of new ‘shop now, pay later’ systems like Afterpay, online shopping is the new black – or orange? – either way, it’s here to stay. Let’s hear it for online shopping…hip, hip, hooray!!